painsama's random rants

I don't blog. I rant.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006
TMNet - Slow connection to international links
When I was on my usual late night surfing last night, there was a sudden slowdown in internet connection, mostly for US based sites and Japanese sites. I was wondering what actually happened, which I though it was probably that TMNut started throttling my HTTP connection just like they did for P2P. But after all it was something inavoidable, since what actually happened was that the earthquake in Southern Taiwan caused such disruption in internet connection; Full statement from TMNet. After all, I was too skeptic...

Some more news:
Taiwan earthquake disrupts TM's Internet service
Taiwan's Earthquake Damages Telecommunication Services Across Asia
Taiwan quake disrupts Internet
Undersea cables have the globe hardwired for communication

Labels: , ,

painsama @ 3:15 PM  
0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home
Side Navi
Links
Label
Previous Posts
Archives
Powered by Blogger
© painsama 2005
painsama@yahoo.com.sg